Sunday, January 17, 2016

To More Days Like This

I thought this day would just be a typical Sunday hit, but hey it was a no-no! Waking up early for the YFC ICON meeting, dressing up and grabbing a cab from Berkeley Residences, Katipunan to Max's Restaurant, Kapitolyo.. Okay! I'm Sunday ready! :))

I hate being late so arrived in our meeting place thirty minutes before the call time. (I think I just have a phobia of being late. :) Making punctuality as a habit, it is!)

Max's Restaurant, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
(photo grabbed from the internet)
 It was indeed a fruitful meeting with our CFC Bohol counterparts plus the sumptuous lunch served to us. (You should try Max's Sisig Tofu and Caramel Bar! For the win!)

After the meeting, Ate Lucky, Ate Nikki, Maolen, Ate Shayne and I headed to SM Megamall Chapel to attend the Holy Mass. It was my first time there, and it was truly a personal experience for me.

Chapel of the Eucharistic Lord, SM Megamall
(photo grabbed from the internet)
Right after the mass, Ate Shayne and I had a schedule of our one-on-one's, so we decided to look for a comfy instagram-worthy place where we can talk, relax and take good photos...but unfortunately, we found none. Hello to our aching-feet and medyo dugyot na kaiikot! But hey, it was fun strolling in the mall, looking at some boutiques and hipster stores.

inside SM Megamall
*my childhood mall -- ES EM E-E-MOL
(photo grabbed from the internet)
Since we didn't find any good cafe to stay to, we decided to take a cab and go to UP Town Center. This has been my comfort place for the past year since it is just a walking distance from my cousin's pad where I stay.

University of the Philippines Town Center by Ayala Malls
Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
(photo grabbed from the internet)

While we were still in the cab, we were already searching of something new to try there. Our first choice and happened to be our first stop: CHURRERIA LA LOLA!

Churreria La Lola
Ground Floor, UPTC Katipunan Avenue, Diliman Quezon City
(photo grabbed from the internet)
 Oh yes! There was a long line of people craving also for these churros from Spain. We just ordered a medium classic churros (6pcs) with a chocolate dip.

how these churros look like.. yummy!
(photo grabbed from the internet)
True! It was delicious! But we warn you: never ever order too much of it! One piece will be enough for you! Since we got six pieces of these churros, we felt so umay! So we need a salty food to take. Hello to our next stop: SILANTRO FIL-MEX!
Silantro Fil-Mex
2nd Floor, UPTC, Katipunan Ave., Diliman, Quezon City
11AM-10PM
(photo grabbed from the internet)

This was not new to me because one of its branches is located in Dagupan City, Pangasinan. Like the La Lola's, there were also a lot of people waiting for their seats in this restaurant. Good thing that we only need a table for two. Their menu has a good number of options, but we decided to only take an order of their famous Beef Nachos.

Silantro's Beef Nachos, Php180 (good for 3-4)
(photo grabbed from the internet)
Finally! We found a good place to sit and had our random conversations. The day didn't end there. Don't judge us, please! We went to a cafe to have some tea and coffee as we wait for some missionary friends. Starbucks is already overrated, so we looked for a new one, and we found ST. MARC CAFE for our final stop!

St. Marc Cafe
Ground Floor, UPTC, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
10AM-10PM
(photo grabbed from the internet)
I forgot the tea we took (just ask them their best seller hot tea), but I will never forget the one I ordered, the Bitter Mocha Frappuccino. Oops! Don't get me wrong! I was not feeling bitter that time. It was just a fun coffee name in the menu worth trying for!

IT WAS INDEED A FULLY-LOADED STOMACH DAY!

But what made it more memorable are the stories and conversations Ate Shayne and I had in between. It was a just a feel-good kamustahan and dream-filled convo.

I remembered her asking me how am I, what are my dreams and what makes me stay in the mission...

I simply answered her that I am doing good though the past holidays had made me think of my future plans in life. Starting to ask myself of what if's. What if I didn't choose the life of a missionary? Will I be like my fresh-graduate nephews and nieces managing their respective family businesses helping their parents and earning for their future? Will I be like my closest friends who lives independently and gets everything they want? Oh no! Not again...

"We shouldn't compare our lives from them, because it was totally different!"
-Ate Shayne

It really hit me. Yes, true enough. As I was reflecting, I can't imagine my life not in this mission. I will not experience the greatness of the Lord in me that in all my emptiness, He never failed to fill me, And He doesn't fill me with just a little, His graces always overflow. I know I am where I am destined to be! I may doubt sometimes, but I believe that God is constantly and consistently pursuing me, holding me and reassuring me that He is with me. I know my future is secure as long as I am His' and He is mine.

I am claiming that this year will be a greater year for me! Cheers to more riches in heaven... to restored and new relationships... to open doors and new opportunities... to better selves and holier ones!

To Ate Crystha Shayne: Thank you for being a sister I never had and a friend I never thought I could share my totoong maarte self without any judgment. :)) I will forever treasure this day!

CHEERS TO MORE DAYS LIKE THIS!
CHEERS TO MORE FOOD FOR OUR HEARTS AND SOULS!

No comments:

Post a Comment