Tuesday, January 19, 2016

When Insecurities Bid Goodbye

If people will ask me what my 2016 goal is? I will surely answer that I want to revive this blog site. I WANT TO BECOME A BLOGGER (specifically a Fashion Blogger) like my favorites in the name of Patty Laurel-Filart, Paula Peralejo-Fernandez, Kim Jones-Rosales, Laureen Uy, Daniella Baretto, Ally Laude and Nicole Anderson.

Reading their blogs, following them in instagram make me feel that I want to be like them --- so expressive, carefree and naturally beautiful. But.... the media already sets the standard of being beautiful. One should be good looking with white skin, beautiful body and alike. And unfortunately, I am none of those. *sighs*

I remember during an interview, someone asked me: "Do you have insecurities?"

"I had", I answered. It was not easy for me before living in my own insecurities, battling with my own self and pilit na pinaniniwalaan na maganda naman ako ah! With friends, I experienced being teased all the time that my skintone is similar with a negra. My esponghado hair (straight outside and curly inside) was not really pleasing to their eyes. They would even make fun of me because of my body figure. And Yes, I was hurt. I even started to hate myself.

But as time goes by... Praise God! Growing maturely, I come to realize that any physical appearance is nothing compared to the goodness of what's within heart.

"....The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 
-1 Samuel 16:7

I am also reminded that I am wonderfully made by God. Everything may fade, but one thing will forever remain that I will always be a God's favored princess.

"I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well."
-Psalm 139:14

So I think this would be the right time for me to share to the world how God refines me to be beautiful inside and out.

my #OOTD collection of 2015

Thanks to our Miss Universe 2015, Pia Wurtzbach... Truly, every woman should be confidently beautiful with a heart.

-------------

To all ladies/women who are still suffering from their insecurities: Cheer up! Once your beauty comes from within, everything will follow. Remember you are perfectly beautiful in your own ways! Confidently beautiful with a heart...

Okay now, join me in singing:

"Don't hate me coz I'm beautiful!"
Pretty Girl Rock, Keri Hilson

"I am beautiful no matter what they say."
- Beautiful, Christina Aguilera

"I'm no beauty queen. I'm just beautiful me." 
Who Says, Selena Gomez

"Oh, oh, you don't know you're beautiful." 
- What Makes You Beautiful, One Direction

"Coz you're amazing just the way you are!" 
- Just the Way You Are, Bruno Mars

"I want you and your beautiful soul." 
- Beautiful Soul, Jesse McCartney

"You're beautiful. You're beautiful. It's true."
- You're Beautiful, James Blunt

Enjoy the wonders of life! :)

----

3 comments: