Friday, November 22, 2013

My Father's Watch

It has already been 3 months since I first wear my father's watch. I am not fond of wearing one! For me, it is just a plain accessory that I need to wear to add some spice in my outfit (Like okay fine. Sige lang. Kung meron, okay. Kung wala, okay lang din. Not that important!). But one day, my mom showed me this watch. "Hindi 'to ginagamit ng daddy mo. Isuot mo!", she said. At first I was hesitant to accept and wear it, but my dad added, "Sige, isuot mo na. Okay lang ba sa'yo? Sa'yo na yan! Bigay ko sa'yo." (Eh syempre, binigay na and I know that it is very important to my dad, so I got it!)

Until this day, I am wearing it and really loving it. :)


This watch reminds me of one of the values Daddy has taught me --- VALUE TIME!

I remember how he always gives our family a quality time despite of his busy schedules. He has his work with the poor, church commitments, public service and more, but he never fails to value our family time. Maybe that's one of the reasons on why I used to have my attachment issues with my family, because being with them is always a moment filled with peace, love and joy. :)

When the clock strikes at 7 in the morning, I'll surely hear, "Good morning! Oh gising na! Tanghali na! Remember, Daig ng taong maagap ang taong masipag!" I will never forget these words! It reminds me every morning to wake up and start the day early. :) That's why I become a morning person! I make it appoint that I don't miss something important and do all my works ahead of time or even on time (Whew! I can do it! Hahaha!). Thanks for this inspiration! :)

"Fulfill God's desires first before before fulfilling your personal desires."  Everytime I'll remember this line, my tears will just fall down in my eyes. These are exactly the words that dad uttered when I talked to him about my discernment about fulfilling mission work as a full-time pastoral worker. He believes that this is the perfect time for me to answer God's call, and I shouldn't make Him wait for my "yes". Now, I have the best job in the world! :) It is Dad who really believes in me and knows where I can be at peace! (Of course, si Mommy din!!! Hahaha.)

Time is meant to be valued. It is meant to be cherished. It is so true that "time is gold". I cannot bring back the past. So I live my  present, and simply be at my best.  I learn to enjoy life and share my love with my time. 

Love Note to Dad: Thank you for your watch. :) It is already 17 days away from our family, and this watch has been my companion everyday. Know that the every value that you have taught me will always be in my heart. This has become one of my everyday fuels to go on and be strong. :) You are my inspiration! I love you so much, Dad! I miss you.
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment